"Whether it's a whiplash, serious injury or wrongful death case, we pride ourselves on representing you with the personal service and aggressive representation that you expect and deserve!" -Attorney Ron Sholes
Jacksonville Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Filing a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Duval County
When you or a loved one suffers a life-altering injury for no other reason than the fact that someone else was negligent, you deserve justice. Catastrophic injuries have an immense impact on victims and their families, leading to unexpected physical disabilities, emotional trauma, and financial hardships. But you have the right to hold the liable person or party accountable and seek fair compensation for your losses, including both economic and non-economic damages.
From our Jacksonville office, our catastrophic injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. can represent you throughout the legal process. We handle complex injury cases on behalf of clients in Duval County and the entire state of Florida, as well as in Georgia. With a team of experienced and award-winning attorneys, 6 in-house investigators, and over 100 support staff members, our firm is well-equipped to help you navigate the recovery process.
If you or someone you love suffered a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct, call the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. at (855) 933-3881 today to learn how we can help.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
While there is no set definition of a “catastrophic” injury, the term is often used to describe any injury that causes significant impairment or disability. Often, catastrophic injuries impact everything from the victim’s ability to return to work and earn a living to their ability to care for themselves and handle ordinary daily tasks.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Moderate to severe burns
- Broken bones/multiple fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Amputation/loss of limb
- Vision or hearing loss
- Internal organ damage
- Severe soft tissue damage
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
These and other catastrophic injuries often result from traumatic accidents and events, including car crashes, motorcycle accidents, large truck collisions, falls, sports accidents, boating accidents, dog bites, explosions, and more.
How Are Catastrophic Injury Claims Different Than Standard Personal Injury Claims?
On the surface, catastrophic injury claims and standard personal injury claims may seem the same. And in fact, the process of bringing a catastrophic injury claim is relatively indistinguishable from that of a normal personal injury claim. However, several key differences set catastrophic injury cases apart.
It is important to work with an experienced attorney who is well-versed in the unique complexities inherent in most catastrophic injury cases. Such elements may include:
- Temporary or Permanent Disability: Many catastrophic injuries result in partial or total disability, which may be temporary or permanent. Disabling injuries have many effects beyond the initial cost of treatment—victims may be unable to return to their old job or unable to work at all, meaning they will lose out on years of income and other employment benefits. They may also require ongoing treatments, such as extended physical rehabilitation therapy, and may need assistance in the home.
- Costly Medical Treatment: Catastrophic injuries tend to be complex and, as a result, treating these injuries is often challenging, costly, and time-consuming. Victims not only need compensation for current medical expenses but also for ongoing and future medical care costs, as well. Over time, such expenses can easily end up costing victims tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- The Impact on Families and Loved Ones: Catastrophic injuries don’t only affect the victim; they also impact the victim’s family members and loved ones. Often, family members must significantly adjust their lives to care for their loved one. They may need to work fewer hours to provide at-home care, or they may need to hire a full-time caregiver or pay for childcare now that their loved one is disabled.
At the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A., we truly understand the many challenges you and your family are facing. Our Jacksonville catastrophic injury lawyers are here to guide you through the legal system and fight for the maximum recovery you are owed for your current and future damages. We will handle all of the details of your case so that you can simply focus on healing.
Request a Free Initial Consultation Today
Whether you were catastrophically injured in a car accident or someone you love sustained life-altering injuries due to unsafe property conditions, you should not have to face the immense consequences of someone else’s negligence on your own. When you turn to the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A., you get the compassionate, personalized support you need and the aggressive advocacy you deserve. We are ready to take on the insurance company and fight tirelessly for the full, fair recovery you are owed.
Our firm is available to take your call 24/7, and you will always reach a real, live person who can answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. We provide legal services in Spanish, Russian, and German and have several office locations throughout the area for your convenience.