"Whether it's a whiplash, serious injury or wrongful death case, we pride ourselves on representing you with the personal service and aggressive representation that you expect and deserve!" -Attorney Ron Sholes
Palatka Brain Injury Lawyer
Filing a Brain Injury Claim in Putnam County
Although they are classified from mild to severe, all brain injuries are extremely serious. They often result in significant physical and emotional consequences and present considerable financial challenges for victims and their families.
If you or your loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct, you could be entitled to financial compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages. At the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A., we represent clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries throughout Putnam County and beyond. With over a century of collective experience, as well as a proven track record of success, our attorneys are prepared to advocate tirelessly for your recovery.
Call (855) 933-3881 or contact us online to request a free initial consultation with one of our Palatka brain injury lawyers.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is any brain injury acquired after birth. Often, these injuries result from serious accidents, catastrophic events, and acts of violence.
Some of the most common types of traumatic brain injuries include:
- Brain Contusions: A brain contusion is essentially a bruise that forms on the brain due to a violent blow to the head. Brain contusions often occur alongside other TBIs, such as concussions, and typically heal on their own.
- Concussions: A relatively mild type of brain injury, concussions generally occur when an individual suffers a significant jolt or blow to the head. This can lead to brain damage, especially when a victim suffers multiple concussions or severe concussions.
- Coup-Contrecoup Injuries: A coup-contrecoup brain injury occurs when a blow to the head is so strong, it causes the brain to move within the skull and hit the other side. This results in two injuries, collectively known as a coup-contrecoup injury.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries: A diffuse axonal injury (DAI) occurs when the brain moves so violently within the skull, microscopic tears (“shearing”) form. This disrupts the connections within the brain and can result in significant brain damage.
- Penetrating Brain Injuries: A penetrating brain injury is a type of open-head injury that involves an outside object physically going through the skull and entering or contacting the brain. Penetrating brain injuries are extremely severe and often fatal.
- Skull Fractures: A skull fracture occurs when the skull itself breaks. When this happens, skull fragments can damage the brain. The brain is also left vulnerable to other outside damage, as well as complications associated with severe hemorrhaging.
Regardless of the apparent severity of the injury, if you suspect that you or anyone else has suffered any type of brain injury, seek immediate medical attention. Without the proper treatment, even a relatively mild TBI can result in permanent brain damage, and more serious injuries may lead to death.
Who Is Liable for a Brain Injury?
As with any personal injury case, it is important to determine who is liable for your or your loved one’s brain injury, as this allows our attorneys to bring a claim against the appropriate party. The liable person or party in your case will depend on a variety of factors, including how the injury occurred, what caused it, and who was involved.
Some of the most common causes of brain injuries include:
- Car and other motor vehicle accidents
- Falls, including slip and falls and falls from heights
- Acts of violence, such as assault
- Sports and recreation-related accidents
- Boating accidents
- Medical malpractice and birth injuries
- Defective products
- Unsafe property conditions
- Drownings and near-drownings
The liable party may be a negligent motorist, the manufacturer of a defective product, a property owner who failed to maintain their premises, a doctor who made a critical error, or any other number of parties. Our Palatka brain injury lawyers are happy to discuss the details of your case and provide more information during a free, confidential consultation.
Powerful Representation You Can Trust
Brain injuries are incredibly devastating. You need a legal team that understands the severity of your injuries and the full extent of your damages. At the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A., we fight to recover rightful compensation for all of our clients’ current and future damages. We don’t just settle for the insurance company’s first offer; instead, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial if that’s what’s needed to secure the maximum compensation you deserve.
We answer our phones 24/7, and you will always reach a real, live person when you call. Our team offers legal services in Spanish, Russian, and German, and we do not collect any attorneys’ fees unless we win your case.
Give us a call today at (855) 933-3881 to learn more.