No matter how careful you are, you can’t always prevent accidents from happening. All too often, innocent people are seriously injured due to someone else’s careless, reckless, or wrongful actions. If you were involved in an accident or were injured and you believe someone else is to blame, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim.
Since 2003, the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. has been fighting tirelessly for the injured and those who have lost loved ones in tragic accidents throughout Florida and Georgia. Our team of dedicated personal injury attorneys comprises military veterans, former insurance defense lawyers, and aggressive litigators who are all committed to providing you with the personalized attention, compassion, and advocacy you deserve. If you were hurt, we can help.
In the most general terms, anyone who is injured or suffers losses due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct is entitled to bring a personal injury claim and seek compensation for their damages. The person who brings the claim is known as the plaintiff, and they are the ones with the burden of proof. This means that, as the injured party, you have the responsibility of proving your claim.
To prove a personal injury claim, you will need to prove all of the following elements:
- Duty of Care: First, you must establish that another person or party owed you a duty of care. This means that the other party had a legal responsibility to take reasonable measures to prevent others, including yourself, from being injured or harmed.
- Breach: Next, you will need to prove that the other person or party (known as the defendant) breached the duty of care. Typically, this involves proving that the defendant was negligent or acted recklessly, carelessly, or wrongfully.
- Injuries and Damages: You will also need to prove that you were injured and/or suffered damages. If you were not harmed and/or did not sustain economic or non-economic losses, you do not have a case.
- Causation: Lastly, you must prove that the defendant’s negligence/wrongful conduct was the proximate cause of your injuries and other damages. Essentially, you must show that you would not have been injured or suffered harm had the defendant upheld the duty of care.
At the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A., we are ready to examine the evidence and gather relevant documents in support of your claim. Our personal injury lawyers understand how to establish negligence and prove the full extent of your pain, suffering, and other damages.
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
The term “damages” refers to any losses, current or future, you sustain due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions. Damages can be economic, including specific financial losses, or non-economic.
While every case is different, and the exact damages you may be able to recover will depend on the specifics of your situation, many personal injury victims can recover for the following:
- Emergency medical care
- Ambulance fees
- Rehabilitation therapy
- In-home care costs
- Medical equipment/devices
- Lost income/wages
- Lost benefits
- Lost future earnings
- Lost earning capacity due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Counseling services
- Lost quality of life
- Property damage/vehicle repairs
- Depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Ongoing medical treatment and future care
Those who lose a loved one due to someone else’s negligence may be able to bring a wrongful death lawsuit and seek compensation for damages such as funeral expenses, lost income or inheritance, and loss of love, support, companionship, guidance, counsel, and more.
How Our Firm Can Help
At the Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A., we offer comprehensive personal injury representation for those struggling to get back on their feet in the wake of serious accidents. As military veteran attorneys, we are dedicated to serving our clients and fighting tirelessly for the fair recoveries they are owed. We will not give up or back down in the face of immense challenges.
Our personal injury attorneys handle all types of cases, including those involving:
- Airplane accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Brain injuries
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Maritime accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- PIP insurance
- Premises liability
- Rideshare accidents
- RV accidents
- Slip and falls
- Spine injuries
- Train accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
We can also assist you in ensuring you receive the proper quality medical care and treatments tailored to your injuries. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; when you call, we will always answer.